A Conversation between Laurence Freeman OSB and Miriam Rose Ungunmerr, a Meditatio event “The Art of Meditation and Dadirri”, was held on 7th July at the Australian Catholic University as part of their Awakening the Sacred in Literature and the Arts.
Miriam Rose, an artist and educator, is an Aboriginal elder from Nauiyu (Daly River) whose work on dadirri has considerable resonance with our practice of meditation.
Watch below the video of the conversation facilitated by Sarah Bachelard:
A new podcast, “Ecology and Spirituality” by David Tacey, is available on Meditatio’s SoundCloud page in two parts. You can listen to the podcast below. If you would like to support our mission to communicate and nurture meditation in the Christian tradition as passed on through the teaching of John Main OSB, please contribute here: tiny.cc/donatetoWCCM
Laurence Freeman took part at a session of online lectio and meditation on 29 September, 12PM, London time. You can watch to the session in the video below:
On 22-24 April, the Meditatio Seminar on Environment was held in Sydney, Australia. One of the panels, hosted by Geraldine Doogue of ABC TV Australia, included:
- Fr. Laurence Freeman, Director of The World Community for Christian Meditation
- Rev. Linda Chapman, who established Open Sanctuary on the New South Wales South Coast at Tilba Tilba
- Bishop George Browning, a former Anglican Bishop
- Professor David Tacey, Emeritus Professor of Humanities at La Trobe University, Melbourne, and Research Professor at the Australian Centre for Christianity and Culture, Canberra
- Dr. Vicki Grieves, an historian with research interests in gender and race in settler colonial societies, the development of Indigenous knowledges in the academy, wellbeing and cultural heritage management
- Dr. Susan Murphy, a Zen Roshi and former academic, writer, screenwriter, film maker, radio documentary features producer, and a widely published scholar in the fields of film and social ecology
ABC Local in Australia features the following audio podcast from the panel with Geraldine Doogue.