The John Main Seminar 2018 will be held in Bruges, Belgium, 20-23 September, with the theme A Contemplative Response to the Crisis of Change.
This year’s Seminar convenes creative thinkers from major areas of the modern crisis – in fields in which Meditatio has been exploring the contemplative approach to the modern crisis. They share long experience in their fields, a contemplative perspective and a belief in the transformative influence of meditation. This is the JMS 2018 speakers list:
- Charles Taylor (Philosopher)
- Robert Johnson (Executive Director of the Institute for New Economic Thinking)
- Sean Hagan (General Counsel of the International Monetary Fund)
- Dr Barry White (Consultant Haematologist)
- Laurence Freeman (WCCM Director)
- Sr Teresa Forcades (Benedictine nun of Montserrat)
- Herman Van Rompuy (Politician, the first President of the European Council)
- Marco Schorlemmer (leads AI research at the Artificial Intelligence Research Institute of the Spanish National Research Council)
Read more about the speakers and also about the workshops included in the programme here.
A pre-seminar silent retreat will be led by Laurence Freeman from 17 to 20 September with the theme Experience and meaning. The post-seminar pilgrimage (24-25) to the Flanders Fields will be led by José Pype (Belgium National Coordinator) and a professional guide.
See all information about the John Main Seminar 2018, including online registration at http://www.jms2018.org/