- Charles Taylor (Philosopher)
- Robert Johnson (Executive Director of the Institute for New Economic Thinking)
- Sean Hagan (General Counsel of the International Monetary Fund)
- Dr Barry White (Consultant Haematologist)
- Laurence Freeman (WCCM Director)
- Sr Teresa Forcades (Benedictine nun of Montserrat)
- Herman Van Rompuy (Politician, the first President of the European Council)
- Marco Schorlemmer (leads AI research at the Artificial Intelligence Research Institute of the Spanish National Research Council)
The John Main Seminar 2018 will be held in Bruges, Belgium, 20-23 September, with the theme A Contemplative Response to the Crisis of Change.
This year’s Seminar convenes creative thinkers from major areas of the modern crisis – in fields in which Meditatio has been exploring the contemplative approach to the modern crisis. They share long experience in their fields, a contemplative perspective and a belief in the transformative influence of meditation. This is the JMS 2018 speakers list:
Read more about the speakers and also about the workshops included in the programme here.
A pre-seminar silent retreat will be led by Laurence Freeman from 17 to 20 September with the theme Experience and meaning. The post-seminar pilgrimage (24-25) to the Flanders Fields will be led by José Pype (Belgium National Coordinator) and a professional guide.
See all information about the John Main Seminar 2018, including online registration at http://www.jms2018.org/