Mark Carney, Governor of the Bank of England, spoke recently at a Meditatio seminar held in conjunction with Regents University in London. His theme “Leadership and Values’ is an important aspect of Meditatio’s social outreach and will form part of the program that is presently being composed for Bonnevaux.
You can read Mark Carney’s talk here.
- Charles Taylor (Philosopher)
- Robert Johnson (Executive Director of the Institute for New Economic Thinking)
- Sean Hagan (General Counsel of the International Monetary Fund)
- Dr Barry White (Consultant Haematologist)
- Laurence Freeman (WCCM Director)
- Sr Teresa Forcades (Benedictine nun of Montserrat)
- Herman Van Rompuy (Politician, the first President of the European Council)
- Marco Schorlemmer (leads AI research at the Artificial Intelligence Research Institute of the Spanish National Research Council)
The Meditatio Seminar “Meditation, Health & Healing” will be held at Trinidad on 19 October. The programme includes an address by the Minister of Health for Trinidad, Hon. Terrance Deyalsingh. Laurence Freeman will speak on “Contemplative Medicine” and a panel will have presentations doctors.
This is the full programme for the Seminar:
1.00pm Welcome & Introduction by Sr. Ruth Montrichard
1.15pm Address Minister of Health, Hon. Terrance Deyalsingh; The Challenges facing Healthcare in Trinidad & Tobago today.
1.30pm “Contemplative Medicine” Meditation and discussion – Laurence Freeman OSB
3.00pm Break with refreshments
3.30pm – 5.15pm – Presentations from the panel:
Dr.. Eugene R. Bebeau, MD Anesthesiology (USA)
Cynthia Carrington-Murray RN
Dr. Safeeya Mohammed-Registrar (Ag.) at Neonatal ICU
Dr. Arune Pooransingh MD.BCh. BAO., DM, Anaes., UWI)Specialist Anaesthetist
Dr. Barry White MD- National Coagulation Centre, Dublin ,Ireland
Open Discussion – Facilitator Judy Joseph McSween
Closing Remarks – Fr. Laurence
Vote of thanks – Maurice Moniquette
Know more about the participants here